Find out why we are the world’s biggest provider of
developmental drama programs for children aged between 3 and 17.
Why Students Love Our Classes
Students love our classes! In fact, some former students are now enrolling their own children so that they too can experience the vibrance, nurturing and personal growth that the Academy brings to all students. This is a great compliment to the power of the programme!
- We are proud to be the world’s biggest provider of developmental drama classes in the world. Is this the reason why students love our classes? Of course not! They love our classes because at every studio, worldwide, the teacher makes each student feel welcome and valued.
- On the first day of attendance ,a new student is warmly welcomed and then introduced to a student whose task it is to be their special friend and ease the transition into class.
- Students love to feel that they are part of something special! They need to know that they are valued, included, empowered and encouraged. Our classes provide endless opportunities for creative involvement with their teacher and with one another.
- Every lesson they attend, for as long as they attend, will consist of new material. We have a 15 year cycle of unique, drama material which ensures that no-one ever repeats a lesson!
- Because we have such a vast curriculum, students never have a chance to become bored. There is always something new and exciting coming up at next week’s lesson!
- At every level, students are encouraged to participate fully in all activities. Individual progress is regularly acknowledged.
- The learning environment is warm and inclusive, providing a safe place to be, to have fun, to learn new skills, and to become more confident and empowered.
- Developmental drama does not exclude performance! Students experience the joy of performing regularly for their peers, their parents and, finally, for a public audience at the end of each year.
- Our year end productions give students a chance to perform and such involvement creates special memories for them, their parents and friends.
- There are no auditions to attend our classes. Every child has special qualities and abilities which we will discover together during attendance and participation in our acclaimed programme.
Quite possibly, one of the biggest reasons students love our programme is because their teachers love the programme, and genuinely care about each and every student participating in it!
We look forward to meeting you, and your family, at a Helen O’Grady Drama Academy in the near future. You will be made most welcome!
For every year attended, all students are awarded an Achievement Certificate which acknowledges their successful participation in the international Helen O’Grady Drama Programme.